Checklist for Grant Recipients
Once you are awarded a grant, no matter how small, please do the following:
- Submit copies of all paperwork received from the grant maker to the grants director in the Office of Institutional Development. This includes official notification of acceptance, financial forms, and signature pages.
- Follow all instructions received from the grant maker.
- List report deadlines on your calendar.
- Contact the Business Office to discuss procedures and set up financial accounts for the new project.
- Work closely with Business Office personnel to facilitate financial transactions especially with government grant makers.
- Keep receipts, enter expenditures in a spreadsheet, and cross check with business office accounting on a regular basis.
- Contact the grants director regarding grant maker approval of any necessary project revisions.
- Complete all narrative and financial reports and submit on a timely basis as required by grantor. File copies with the grants director in the Office of Institutional Development.
For more information please contact Anne-Marie Berk by email at or by phone at 517/629-0410.