We develop leadership-ready interns and graduates through intentional professional development, out-of-classroom experiences, and a prescribed curriculum to complement their major.
Business + Liberal Arts = Extraordinary
The Gerstacker Institute for Business and Management transforms extraordinary liberal arts students into young professionals with the experience and drive to help your company succeed.
Gerstacker students learn business by doing business:
- Required internships
- Training in networking, resume building, business etiquette, employer site visits, and more
- Opportunity to complete an international business project with students in France
Courses & Programming
- Business Foundation and Practice
- Problem Solving
- Professional Development
Intensive Programs Only Available To Gerstacker Students
- International Entrepreneurial Exchange: 9 month program with French business school.
- Summer School: required, intensive 7 week program with coursework, professional development, and external networking.
- Gerstacker Leadership Workshop: 4 day workshop on careers, DiSC personality assessment, team building, and a 24 hour consulting project.
- Internships & jobs: more locations in the U.S. and around the world.
- New domestic and international experiential programs. (Example: A campus course featuring a 10-day international study component.)
- Recreate former “Student Ventures” entrepreneurship program.
Gerstacker At A Glance
Students admitted to each Gerstacker Institute class.
The Gerstacker Institute is open to all majors; students currently study in over 20 majors & minors.
All Gerstacker students are required to complete an internship for academic credit during their junior or senior year.
35% of Gerstacker seniors have job offers at the start of their senior year.
65% continue to search for employment; notification of job and internship opportuntities is always needed.