F-1 and J-1 students are limited in the type and location of employment in the United States. In order to obtain a Social Security Number (SSN) and card, the Social Security Administration (SSA) requires F-1/J-1 students to provide proof of valid F-1/J-1 status, proof of employment and of work authorization. Required documents vary depending on the job.

Employment Resources