Weight Room Rules and Regulations
AS OF SATURDAY, OCTOBER 3, ALL ATHLETIC FACILITIES ARE TEMPORARILY CLOSED.
This space is only open to varsity athletic teams through reservation.
The following guidelines should be honored at all times in the weight room:
- You must be 16 years of age to use this room or be under the direct supervision of an adult.
- Proper exercise attire (shirt and shorts) and athletic shoes required.
- No food or drink allowed in the weight room (a plastic water bottle with a lid is acceptable).
- Always remove weights from bars and return all weights to proper racks, return additional machine weights and bench/incline pins to standard position.
- When using the free weights, always use spotters.
- Do not drop bars or lean plates against equipment.
- Do not alter or abuse machines and free weight area with reckless technique or improper use.
- Do not lean against or put your hands on the mirrors.
- Horseplay or unsafe activity is not acceptable behavior in the weight room.
- No tobacco products allowed in the weight room.
- This is a classroom for physical education during the academic year; the weight room will be closed during class time.
- We encourage you bring your own towel to wipe the machines after use; we will not provide towels for personal use. The machines will be cleaned daily by Dow Center personnel.
- See the Dow Center personnel for stereo station change.
- Volume level of the stereo has been determined by the manufacturer and will not be increased to protect the function of the speakers.
- Personal CD players and Walkmans are encouraged; any larger devices will not be permissible.
- The use of profanity will not be tolerated.
- Do not prop open doors to the weight room.