About the Wilson Institute
Amy Bell, '14, shadowed multiple physicians at Allegiance Hospital in Jackson. She was supervised by Dr. Dave Komasara, '85.
Chelsea Woodward, '14, shadowed in speech pathology at Allegiance Hospital. She was supervised by Katherine Dorr.
Kimmy Leverenz, '13, participated in the Cancer Research Summer Internship Program at the University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center in Ann Arbor.
Rachel Kohanov, '14, completed a veterinary practicum at the practice of Dr. Jennifer Aschenbrener in Albion.
Robin Redline, '14, and Nikila Peddireddy, '14, completed the Beaumont Hospital Radiology Summer Apprentice Program under the supervision of Dr. Kurt Tech, '80.
The Institute's Marikay Dobbins, R.N., gives a presentation to high school students and their families at MidMichigan Medical Center-Midland.
The Wilson Institute for Medicine welcomes pre-health students regardless of degree path. Gain access to assistance with career exploration, graduate and professional school admission, and take advantage of a lifelong alumni network.
As a member of the Wilson Institute for Medicine, you will receive all the benefits below, at no additional cost during your education at Albion College:
- Quality advising to assure appropriate preparation for professional training;
- Assistance in securing job shadowing, internships, and/or research opportunities;
- Workshops and seminars to help navigate the professional school application process;
- Support for standardized test taking (MCAT, GRE, DAT, etc.);
- Access to health professionals who will serve as mentors;
- Information and statistics on professional schools;
- Access to an extensive resource library and virtual cadaver table maintained by the Institute;
- And many other valuable opportunities and resources
Albion College and the Institute have a proud tradition of students being admitted to the health professional schools of their choice. Let us show you how we can help you achieve your goals.
We believe that you have what it takes — and encourage you to apply to the Institute.
Students generally apply for admission to the Institute as incoming Albion College students, and have a strong academic background with an interest in the healthcare professions.