F-1 students are generally permitted to work on the premises of the school that issued their currently valid I-20, while attending school and maintaining their F-1 status. This work is part-time and limited to 20 hours per week when school is in session or fulltime work during holiday and vacation periods. Work on campus is a benefit of F-1 visa status and no additional authorization is required.
- Valid F-1 status
- Valid, unexpired Form I-20 from Albion College
- Full-time enrollment in fall and spring semesters, or authorization from CIE to enroll less than full time
- No special authorization on the I-20 is required if working on campus for Albion College or select companies providing services to students, e.g. Albion Bookstore, Bon Apetit Dining Services.
- New and transfer students may begin on-campus employment up to 30 days prior to the program start date on the Form I-20
- Cannot work on campus after the completion of program requirements
- Must physically work at the Albion College campus
- May be part-time (1-20 hours each week) during the fall and spring semesters
- May be part-time (1-20 hours each week) or full-time (21 or more hours each week) during the summer and other official school breaks only for continuing students